GENERALEstablished in 2019 ECHO Engineering is a quickly and profitably growing engineering consultancy.
As part of the Kaiku HR staffing services group, we provide technical consulting services in Finland and India. At the heart of our offering is our knowhow to understand customer competence needs and matching those with the best technical experts. We engage in projects by the hour or by assuming full delivery responsibility. Regardless of location, doing business with us is easy thanks to our local Finnish and experienced interface.
On behalf of our technology industry customer we now look for PURCHASING ENGINEERS to Tampere. The open position is about procurement of paper and board technology spare parts. You will ensure timely handling of RFQs and POs in line with customer's cost, quality and availability requirements. This means communicating to suppliers as well as an array of internal stakeholders. Assignment duration is at least to end of 2022. After successful ramp-up, work can partly be done remotely. The assignment is also suitable for a freelance entrepreneur part of our supplier network.
We expect of you:
- relevant Bachelor level technical degree or prior similar procurement work experience with our customer.
- at least 3 years of operational procurement experience (supplier contracts, sourcing, spot buying, logistics).
- good understanding of pulp and paper technologies.
- strong knowledge of spare parts order to delivery process.
- grasp of product quality concept (documentation,
supplier quality requirements, inspections, incoming processes, claims).
- capability of interpreting CAD drawings.
- readiness to use spare parts business tools like Infor LN, Basware, MS Office software etc. (a nice plus).
- good skills to communicate fluently both speaking and writing in Finnish AND English. Any other languages add shine to the package.
- and of course the ability to work both independently and as a team member even under occasional time-pressure.
We offer you:
- career wise an inspiring vantage point in the spare parts team of a global engineering industry player.
- an opportunity to leave your own mark on the customer delivery process and add a strong procurement reference in your competence portfolio.
- an exciting role contributing to the dynamic growth of our international consulting service offering.
- a competitive and encouraging salary closely mirroring your performance.
On fire? Please submit your application and CV ASAP as we are interviewing candidates as they come in! Inquiries also directly by phone.